Collaboration tips The 9 Types of Collaborators infographic

Published on September 30th, 2011 | by Grace Kang

The 9 Types of Collaborators [Infographic]

One size does not fit all. User adoption is no exception.

If you approach your collaboration strategy with a “one-size-fits-all” mentality, your rollout is far more likely to fail. Within an organization, there exist all different types of users that each prefer to work in their own unique ways – some prefer to work in groups, others in silos, some on iPads, others on pen and paper. They also have different needs for the solution – some just need to share files, or manage tasks, or automate processes with workflows.

Learning to recognize the different types of collaborators and their reasoning for loving, or hating, collaboration will allow you to help each overcome their biggest barriers or objections. We’ve compiled the 9 types of collaborators that we typically see within an organization in this new infographic. We’ll be expanding these character personas into guides and articles that will help you identify the different types of collaborators, their biggest barriers to engagement and adoption, and how to reconcile the different personality types so you can build a stronger, more collaborative business.

We’ll begin today by introducing you to the 9 types of collaborators.

Which type are you?

The 9 types of collaborators by Central Desktop - Collaboration personas infographic

UPDATE: To learn even more about the 9 types of collaborators, take our quiz to find out your own collaborator type and download our benchmark report to see how your results stack up against 10,000+ other quiz-takers.

Tweet this infographic

Embed in your blog by copying the code below and pasting into the HTML of your blog or website.

Did we miss any other collaboration personas that you see in your organization? Share them with us in the comments below!

Tags: , ,

About the Author

Grace Kang

heads up search and social media here at Central Desktop. She moderates our social accounts to make sure our community is always up to date with the latest Central Desktop news, contests, and more. In her spare time, Grace can be found with her head buried in a book or experimenting with the latest online marketing tools.

16 Responses to The 9 Types of Collaborators [Infographic]

1. Arnaud VELTEN says:

i’m a ninja :)

2. Linda Souza Linda Souza says:

I think I’m the Executive.

3. Lucrecer says:

Ring Leader!

4. Pingback: What Kind Of Team Collaborator Are You? | Honest Intentions

5. Pingback: The 9 Types of Collaborators [Infographic] | Magpipe Blog

6. Pingback: Why collaborate with your crowdfunding campaign? « crowdfunduk

7. Pingback: The 9 Types of Collaborators | Business Communication Headline News

8. Jennifer Wood says:

I’m a Ring Leader. Thats good because my copywriter is a Stealth Ninja – the perfect combo!

9. As collaborators go, I am an Expert. I’ve always thought so….just never thought I could prove it to anyone. =-)

10. Dina Lynch Eisenberg says:

I’m an Executive, which is interesting since I teach emotional intelligence and conflict skills for a living. This is a terrific tool for solopros who have to quickly get on the same page as their clients. Thanks!

11. Nine Andres says:

Told me I’m a collaboration champion. Sweet.

12. Pingback: Amanda Schneider: The 8 Types of People You Need in a Brainstorm | InternetSuccess4You

13. Nancy Staalberg says:

My result was siloist — and the description is way off base! Most of the questions are what we do at work — i don’t check the intranet, internet, etc. when I first arrive at work because I have already checked at home when I wake up…. I backup everything and I have been told by co-workers I liven the office up! I’m an actress with a BA in theatre arts — I have a degree in being a drama queen and comedian. Really?

• Lauren Lough says:

My result was also Siloist. Mainly because all those questions deal w/ the generic “office space” work environment. I don’t work in that sort of environment. I have no access to the internet, nor do I have the time for it. I also don’t have a smart phone. Don’t like jabbering on the phone for nothing. I use my cell phone for updates or questions like, “What was I supposed to pick up at the store?” or “Is this the movie you wanted to rent?” I state my purpose and then, I’m off the phone! As far as all the rest of “modern online techie” stuff goes, I do that at home!

14. Pingback: Using Competitive Intelligence to build Leadership Capacity | Libraries, the universe and everything